- Ireland Baldwin Doesn't Know If Hailey Baldwin and Justin Bieber Are Married
- Audrey Roloff Reveals Anniversary Plans in Wake of Marriage Rumors
- Labour's Shadow Education Secretary Angela Rayner plans to axe academies outside council control
- Kevin Hart Is Shocked At Leslie Jones’ Disses Toward Him – Hollywood Life
- Jason Miller Denies Sneaking an Abortion Pill into Pregnant Lover's Smoothie
Sells For a Fortune!
4/30/2018 11:10 AM PDT
A Louisville Slugger bat used in an MLB game by Babe Ruth just sold at Goldin Auctions for just under $200,000!!!
Experts have determined the bat was used during Ruth’s 1929 and 1930 seasons … but the exact game (or games) in which it was used is unclear.
Authenticators were able to confirm the details on the bat (weight, length, style) sync up to the bats Ruth ordered from Louisville Slugger during that time period, Goldin says.
The Hillerich & Bradsby hickory bat weighs 37.8 ounces and is 35.25 inches long.
To compare, Aaron Judge’s bat is 35 inches long but only weighs 33 ounces.
Goldin says the final price on the Ruth bat was $196,400. The identity of the buyer has not been made public.
There’s more … an authentic contract Ruth signed with the Yankees in 1934 (his final contract with the Yankees) also sold for $282,325!
He signed the contract with his name, “George H. Ruth.”
Fun Fact: Ruth only made $35k that season after taking a pay cut from the $54k he made the previous season.