- Meghan Markle Shuts Her Own Car Door During Royal Appearance
- Mo Salah snubs Gary Neville during Fifa Best awards... but Manchester United legend sees the funny side with awkward laugh
- Ireland Baldwin Doesn't Know If Hailey Baldwin and Justin Bieber Are Married
- Audrey Roloff Reveals Anniversary Plans in Wake of Marriage Rumors
- Labour's Shadow Education Secretary Angela Rayner plans to axe academies outside council control
According to media reports out this morning, Heather Locklear is reportedly moving out from the psychiatric ward at a southern California hospital, and into what’s being termed a “long-term facility” to receive care for ongoing mental health and substance abuse issues.
As we’ve been reporting, Heather was hospitalized in stable condition just a few days ago after a reported overdose scare; now, it appears she needs more significant long-term care than what can be given to her at that hospital.
According to TMZ, sources connected to Heather’s family spoke with doctors at her current hospital, and the experts believe that Locklear’s problems “involve substance abuse and mental health in equal measure,” though they are reportedly even more worried about the mental health problems in the long run.
Heather has allegedly been cooperative through all of this, opting in to enter the long-term facility of her own volition to receive the help she needs.
There’s no current plan for any family member to get a conservatorship of Locklear’s estate and life, however; the family is exclusively focused on getting her the help she needs rather than worry about all that right now.
We’ll report more from this as we know it. For now, just glad to say that it appears this is a VERY big, positive step forward for Heather Locklear — and we’re cheering for her, hoping she gets better and gets to a healthy place through all of this!
[Image via Dave Starbuck/Future Image/WENN.]