- Donald Trump Threw Starburst Candies at Angela Merkel
- Man Arrested For The Murder Of XXXTentacion — But Multiple Suspects Are Still At Large
- Transfer news live updates: Tottenham and Liverpool blow as Malcom nears Inter Milan move plus Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City updates
- Justin Bieber Is Carrying Hailey Baldwin Like He Did With Selena Gomez – Hollywood Life
- 17 White Sneakers That Are Perfect for Summer
Mark Wahlberg is in hot water again after it was reported that heÂ refused to approve Christopher Plummer as a replacement for Kevin Spacey in All the Money in the World. The Transformers actor,Â 46, allegedly asked to be paid over a million dollars before redoing his scenes alongside Plummer.
Biggest Scandals of 2017
USA Today published a report on Thursday, January 11,Â saying that the actorÂ â who had costar approval in his contract â wouldn’t approve the change whenÂ Spacey was removed from the movie after several men came forward accusing him of sexual misconduct.
“What he said was, ‘I will not approve Christopher Plummer unless you pay me.’ And that’s how he (expletive) them,” one person told the newspaper.
Mark Wahlberg and Michelle Williams attend the premiere of Sony Pictures Entertainment’s “All The Money In The World” at Samuel Goldwyn Theater on December 18, 2017 in Beverly Hills, California. Kevin Winter/Getty ImagesThe new report comes after aÂ different report from Tuesday, January 9,Â said thatÂ Wahlberg was paid significantly more than his costarÂ Michelle Williams for the reshoots of their film about the kidnapping of John Paul Getty III.Â USA Today reported that he was paid $1.5 million, while the actress received less than $1,000 for the 10 days they spent reshooting the scenes. The actress,Â 37, was reportedly paid an $80 per diem.
Hollywoodâs Sexual Misconduct Scandals
The actress, who plays the kidnapped boyâs mother in the film, previously told the newspaper about her reaction when director Ridley Scottâs team called her to return to the set during Thanksgiving: âI said Iâd be wherever they needed me, whenever they needed me. And they could have my salary, they could have my holiday, whatever they wanted. Because I appreciated so much that they were making this massive effort.â
In December, Scott said that the reshoot, which reportedly cost $10 million, was possible because âeveryone did it for nothing.â He added: “They all came in free. Christopher had to get paid. But Michelle, no. Me, no.â
Other celebrities have been taking to Twitter to stand up for Williams and to call out the film and the actor over the pay disparity. Stars including Busy Philipps, Jessica Chastain, Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Judd Apatow shared their thoughts about the situation, with Williams’ BFF Philipps calling it âunacceptableâ and âshameful.”
UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TO SAY THE LEAST. https://t.co/KS6hRmE4TA
— Busy Philipps (@BusyPhilipps) January 10, 2018
âMichelle Williams is one of the best actress working right now. It makes me furious that her talent is undervalued in this way. #EqualPay,â Ferguson tweeted on Wednesday.
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!