- Fox News Mistakes Patti LaBelle for Aretha Franklin Because Of Course It Does
- Angelina Jolie Must Temporarily Give Brad Pitt Custody Of Their Children 'Every Other Day'
- Less than a third of kids are planning to go to university in a record low
- Officially Expecting With Norman Reedus – Hollywood Life
- Justin Bieber and Hailey Baldwin are Pushing Back Their Wedding Plans
More than 22.4 million viewers in total got up VERY early on Saturday morning across America to watch the Royal Wedding — which marks a total of about four million MORE Americans tuning in to see it this year than their British counterparts!
According to Nielsen Media reports out this afternoon in THR that center on royal wedding viewership across the networks, NBC came away the big winner of the royal rumble with more than 6.42 million viewers watching throughout the day!
They were followed up by ABC, who boasted 6.38 million, and then CBS at 4.79 million. Fox News boasted 2 million viewers, as well, which beat CNN‘s 1.8 million watchers, and MSNBC‘s tally at just under one million.
All in all not a bad day for the Americans and our TV networks, though, especially because our audience turned out to be tuned in a bit more than our British counterparts (just in gross totals, and not relative to overall population size, of course!).
Obviously, Meghan Markle’s status as an American and being involved in the ceremony may have helped the big day, at least on this side of the pond.
When you add in some of the smaller splinter networks and shows (say, HBO‘s Cord and Tish hosting their own version of the actual royal wedding), it’s likely that Prince Harry and Meghan will surpass — narrowly — Kate and Prince William.
Thoughts, Perezcious readers?!
Let us know in the comments (below)!!!
[Image via WENN.]