- Ireland Baldwin Doesn't Know If Hailey Baldwin and Justin Bieber Are Married
- Audrey Roloff Reveals Anniversary Plans in Wake of Marriage Rumors
- Labour's Shadow Education Secretary Angela Rayner plans to axe academies outside council control
- Kevin Hart Is Shocked At Leslie Jones’ Disses Toward Him – Hollywood Life
- Jason Miller Denies Sneaking an Abortion Pill into Pregnant Lover's Smoothie
D.A. Moves to Get Him Outta Jail NOW
… Judge Shuts It Down!!!
4/16/2018 7:53 AM PDT
Prosecutors in Meek Mill’s case want his original drug conviction to be vacated, which would mean immediate freedom for the rapper — but, once again, the judge is refusing to bend.
Philly’s D.A. Office made a rare move Monday morning in court … asking Judge Genece Brinkley to toss the 2008 conviction because it says prosecutors back then were fully aware Meek’s arresting officer, Reginald Graham, was dirty — but sat on the info.
If the conviction were tossed, that would mean Meek’s probation violation would go out the window, too — and he would be released from the Pennsylvania prison where he’s serving 2-4 years. However, Judge Brinkley did not sign off, and, instead, scheduled a hearing on the matter for June. That means Meek would sit in prison until then … at least.
Meek’s supporters outside the courthouse erupted in joy at news of the D.A.’s request … thinking he’d be released.
Impromptu dance party at #FreeMeekMill rally. This comes after DA office voices their position to vacate the conviction. @MeekMill defense team on way to file bail motion with higher court (FYI: bad language in this video) pic.twitter.com/dmf0yHR1vj
— Kristen Johanson (@KristenJohanson) April 16, 2018
For whatever reason, Judge Brinkley’s standing her ground.