- Luke Bryan’s Performance At CMA Awards 2018 – ‘What Makes You Country’ – Hollywood Life
- 11 Best Perfume Gift Sets for 2018
- The Royal Family Has Never Looked This Happy Before
- Labour MP 'plotted with brother to dodge speeding fine by blaming former Russian lodger'
- Jinger Duggar Mom Shamed Over Daughter’s Headwrap — Pic – Hollywood Life
Getty ImagesWhitney Curtis
Sharice Davids won her midterm race in Kansas’ third Congressional District to become the first Native American congresswoman. Davids, who’s an ex-MMA fighter and an attorney, won the primary in August and has now defeated Republican Rep. Kevin Yoder.
Besides being one of the first Native American women in Congress, Davids is also the second openly lesbian member of Congress and the first openly LGBT person to represent Kansas.
Advertisement – Continue Reading Below
Earlier this year, she told the New York Times, “We are going to elect more women this year, we’re going to elect more people who are L.G.B.T., we’re going to elect more people who are people of color. This midterm election cycle is our opportunity to demonstrate who we are as a country.”
And earlier today, Janelle Monae tweeted out her support for the candidate: