- Ireland Baldwin Doesn't Know If Hailey Baldwin and Justin Bieber Are Married
- Audrey Roloff Reveals Anniversary Plans in Wake of Marriage Rumors
- Labour's Shadow Education Secretary Angela Rayner plans to axe academies outside council control
- Kevin Hart Is Shocked At Leslie Jones’ Disses Toward Him – Hollywood Life
- Jason Miller Denies Sneaking an Abortion Pill into Pregnant Lover's Smoothie
Demands Equal Pay As Men
We’re Over Playing Overseas!
2/13/2018 3:53 PM PST
One of the best basketball players alive says she’s sick and tired of having to play overseas to make a decent living — and she’s calling for the WNBA to start paying women like their male counterparts.
Angel McCoughtry was the #1 overall pick in the 2009 WNBA draft and went on to become the 2009 WNBA Rookie of the Year, a 4-time WNBA All-Star and has already won the scoring title TWICE!
Problem is … the top female players make SQUAT compared to NBA stars. According to a 2017 report, the top WNBA players only make around $100k in annual base salary.
To compare — Steph Curry is making $34.6 million this season and that goes up to $45.7 mil per season at the end of his contract.
McCoughtry says the top women are forced to play overseas — where they can make 10 times as much. McCoughtry has played everywhere from Russia to Lebanon to Turkey.
But she’s clearly over it …
“Pay us like you pay the men. I don’t want to get paid more overseas. I want to get paid in my country.”
In fact, McCoughtry says she sometimes wears the medals she wins in overseas tournaments out in public because people usually buy her a free meal when she does.
Could you imagine LeBron James or Kevin Durant doing that?!